Tuesday, January 31, 2012

God desires personal relationships!

Throughout my day I found God sending me this message. Whether it was a conversation with a friend, a radio broadcast, or even a daily verse, the theme really stuck. God isnt just standing by waiting for the simulation to get over!! He desires to have a real and intimate relationship with us!! I like to think of it like having the ultimate counselor or shrink that can only bring fruit to your life. Of course I have some material from one of my favorite sites that has a nice paragraph about this subject:

"Taking her by the hand he said to her, “Talitha cumi,” which means, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” And immediately the girl got up and began walking (for she was twelve years of age), and they were immediately overcome with amazement. And he strictly charged them that no one should know this, and told them to give her something to eat."
-Mark 5:41-43

"Several times we observe that Jesus commanded people who had witnessed miracles not share their experiences. I’ve always wondered why. Perhaps, being that God desires intimate relationship with us, might we consider that when He moves in our lives, He may want us to process and respond to what He does for us with Him, before we share it with others. As you see God move in your life today, respond to Him before telling someone else about it. Enjoy that sweet moment between just the two of you and allow that to nurture your relationship."
 DD Verse from thedailyverse

I need to work on my relationship with God. I say that much :/ ...
In part that is what this blog is about. It is me stepping up and saying to the world that I am a Christian, and I want to be genuine in what I say and do. I am very far from perfect, but I feel closer to God every day I read his word.

Songs like this one ignite fire in my chest and get me passionate about standing up for what it is I believe. 
- God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment